1. What is ArtPop’s mission?
ArtPop’s mission is to promote local artists work through available media space.
2. How did ArtPop get its name?
ArtPop= Art + Public Outdoor Project. Out of Home media is typically referred to as OOH or Outdoor Advertising
3. How do I learn more about ArtPop?
More information can be found on the website at ArtPopStreetGallery.com
Also check out ArtPop on social media:
The hashtag #ArtPop should not be used. Please include the city with the hashtag (ex: #ArtPopCLT, ArtPopPeoria) #ArtPopStreetGallery or #APSG
4. How was ArtPop founded?
ArtPop is the brainchild of Wendy L. Hickey of Charlotte, NC. The first official ArtPop program started in January of 2014 in Charlotte, NC. The idea came to Wendy as she was serving on the Board of Directors for a local arts council in 2002. She realized she could use her career in selling billboard advertising to help local artists by displaying their art on available billboard space. Prior to being named ArtPop, Wendy had versions of the program in PA, MI and IL as early as 2002. The program has since expanded from billboards to include bus sides and urban news racks.
5. Is ArtPop in cities other than Charlotte, NC?
ArtPop is currently in the following cities:
Lehigh Valley PA
Winston Salem, NC
Las Vegas, NV
Central, FL (Orlando area)
6. Are there plans to grow ArtPop to more cities?
ArtPop has a goal of adding 5 more cities in 2017.
7. How do artists get their work into the ArtPop program?
Every year, each ArtPop city will have a call for submissions which will be open to artists 18 years of age and older who live in a participating city. Artists must be able to verify the submission is their original work with no exceptions and provide it in a high res printable version for OOH media. At the end of the artists call, a panel of judges from each local community will determine the winners for the coming year.
ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for the third annual ArtPop Peoria. ArtPop Peoria puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of nearly $15,000 in free advertising. In addition, winning artists will be featured at CIAO First Friday at The Studios on Sheridan gallery and on the ArtsPartners website.
How to Enter
- To submit your work for consideration, please access: The 2018 Call has closed
- Submit by: February 25, 2018
- Must be 18 or older and a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford Counties.
- If you were selected as a winner in the ArtPop Peoria contest, you cannot apply again for the next three years.
- There is a $20 fee to submit up to 3 pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs will be borne by the project.
- Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
Here’s a short video tutorial on the above steps:
- Submissions deadline is February 25, 2018.
- Public Announcement of the Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early March.
- People’s Choice Winner will be announced at the ArtPop Peoria Winner’s Reception on April 11, 2018.
- With the exception of the People’s Choice Award Winner, winning artists work will be displayed from June 2018-June 2019 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region, The People’s Choice Award Winner’s billboard will be displayed on the MAXAM Building in Peoria from June 2018-June 2019.
Judging and People’s Choice
- A jury will select six winning artists. The public will vote for one of the winning artists to receive a People’s Choice Award designation.
- The People’s Choice Award will be given to the artist who receives the most number of votes from the public.
- The People’s Choice Award winner’s billboard will be displayed on the MAXAM Building in Peoria, IL.
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 14’ x 48’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300×1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
Billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
ArtPop Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois initiative. This is our second annual event and we are seeking to display art from local artists that is appropriate for public viewing. The art will be rotated on Adams Outdoor billboards for one year in various locations throughout the Peoria area.
Find out where you can see the ArtPop Billboards! As the billboards are placed wherever there is an empty billboard, their locations will change from time to time with no warning to us. We will do our best to keep this map as up to date as possible.