HOW TO APPLY
Email a PDF of your proposal to by April 15th! In your email, please include your full name, address in Greater Peoria, and the link to your previous film. The subject line should be FILM GRANT APPLICATION—your last name.
Stay tuned to our social media for the announcement of the winner on May 10th!
One filmmaker can apply per film
The filmmaker must be age 16-36
The filmmaker must reside in Greater Peoria for part of the year
Production or post-production must happen in Central Illinois
The film must be a short film up to 20 minutes long
The film must be completed between May 5-August 15, 2019
The filmmaker must present their film at a special screening at the festival, along with a Q&A
The filmmaker must visit Peoria Public Schools one time to talk to kids about being a filmmaker
The filmmaker must meet with the Big Picture Film Festival program director once in June or July to report on the status of the film
The Big Picture Initiative and funding organizations must be listed in the credits
Please answer the following questions:
(in 150 words or less per answer)
1. What is your film project?
2. What is your film’s budget? Please attach a budget plan, including what you will pay yourself.
3. What is your project timeline?
4. Who is part of your crew? Please include short bios for key crew members.
5. Where will production and post-production take place?
6. Please provide a link to one of your previous films or videos.